Monday, May 6, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


Purging has really been the name of the game around here.  I am getting rid of so much stuff we don’t use or need I can’t believe it.  We’ve all been working on it and have almost made it through every single closet, drawer and cupboard in the entire house. 

I bought five more boxes of cereal on sale for $1.68, less a $2 coupon, which brought the price down to $1.28.  I also bought two of the really big boxes of raisin bran $2.99 each.  We are now well stocked for cereal for awhile. 

I held off any other grocery shopping for the week and we made do with what we already had on hand. 

I called and got estimates for new tires for the truck.  Ugh! 

I sold some stuff on eBay this week and brought in some extra cash. 


I used rubber cement to glue the liner back into the case for my sunglasses.  A binder clip held it in place while it dried overnight. 

I used my rewards points from my credit card to order another $50 gift card to Walmart.  They were quick about it too because it was in my mailbox Saturday! 

I used up every last drop of my facial cleanser by adding water and getting the last of the stuff off the insides of the bottle.

I went and got my hair colored and cut by my awesome stylist.  I go see her every four months and trim my own bangs in between visits.  The way she colors it camouflages my gray hairs so I don’t have to color so often which helps my hair and saves me money too. 

Our chickens blessed us with 11 eggs this week.  Egg production is down as they have started molting.

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff! :) I think i'll do a post like this tonight, I always enjoy reading them!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...