Monday, May 13, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves



I am happy to report we are still working on clearing things from our pantry so I didn’t do any major grocery shopping last week.  I did stop and pick up a couple packages of flour tortillas on sale at Albertson’s for $10/10.  Total spent – a whopping $2! 

Sales last week were pretty crummy at the grocery stores. 

All our vegetables and fruit have been coming from our pantry and freezer.  I had some onion, bell peppers and coleslaw mix leftover in the crisper drawer that we used up.

I detailed our car for $5.  I took it to the Metro Express Carwash on Tuesday and they not only gave me a $2 discount on their basic wash but also upgraded me to the next level of wash and wax for free.  I love their vacuum cleaners too.  The crevice toll is much better than the one I have at home to get into all the nooks and crannies.  I completely cleaned the inside and it looks beautiful! 

I thawed a boneless ham from the freezer and sliced it up for sandwiches for the girl’s lunches last week.  I also cubed some of it and used it in a Denver style scramble with our fresh eggs for a supper one night. 

My mother gave me a delicious loaf of her French bread and her next door neighbor gave me 6 huge Haas avocados from her tree at her home in California.  They are delicious and I still have a couple left to enjoy this week. 

I sold some items on eBay last week for extra cash for our household. 

Our chickens blessed us with 14 eggs this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...