Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I Missed Trash Day


Last week I completely missed trash day.  Time seemed to be passing so quickly that I didn’t realize it was already Wednesday.  In my little brain I was still on Monday heading for Tuesday.  To say I was a little behind the times would be an understatement. 

By the time I mentioned it to the girls it was already Friday!  I didn’t feel so bad when they told me they had completely forgotten about it too.  Hadn’t even crossed their minds. 

I’d like to say this is an infrequent occurrence but the truth of the matter is it has steadily become our norm.  I lose track of the days constantly, so do my girls.  I sit at work on a Friday and can’t seem to figure out how it is possible that it is Friday already.  Again! 

I remember when I couldn’t wait for Friday to get here.  Seemed to take forever and then the weekends would go by so fast.  Monday morning would show up and I’d groan at the idea that Friday would take forever to get here.  Now my weekends are gone in a flash.  I don’t have time to groan about Monday because it is already Tuesday, before I figure it out, and groaning at this point would just be silly. 

The school year here ends in less than two weeks.  Memorial Day is next Monday!  I’m still trying to figure out what the heck happened!  Is it really possible?   

As a chronic overachiever I have the tendency to put so much emphasis on planning and working on my goals that I fail to enjoy the process of getting there.  And I am a constant worrier. 

I don’t take time to sit and enjoy what is going on.  I don’t listen to the birds sing and I cannot tell you the last time I watched a sunset.  I do not take the time to stop and smell the roses.  I can’t manufacture more time.  I can’t slow down the clocks or turn back the pages on the calendar. 

I have to slow down.  I need to focus more on this moment and less on the next one.   

It’s time.

1 comment:

  1. It can really be hard to slow down in the beginning. Just keep your eyes and thoughts on your ultimate goal. Slowly, but surely, you will start hearing the beautiful sounds again. ---S---

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...