Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Park Model RVs

 

Remember when I posted about my love for Tiny Homes?  Well, long before I discovered those I discovered the park model RV.  They’ve been around forever.  In the past ten years they have really evolved into a nice miniature home with great style and an efficient use of space. 

They come with everything you need, a complete bathroom with a full sized tub and nicely equipped kitchen with plenty of storage and nice appliances.  No dishwasher, but that wouldn’t matter to me.  I hardly use the one I have.  You can even get an option for a stackable washer and dryer set installed.  I’d definitely want that, I think. 
 
 
The bedrooms have your drawers and closets already built right in so all you need is your bed.  A love seat and a recliner would fit nicely in the living room and most have a dining area to fit a table and four chairs.  Not to mention a cable ready entertainment center. 

If I was to purchase one I’d want one with a loft so kids and grandkids would have a place to stay over or play games.  They are definitely more spacious than a tiny home would be. 


Several years ago I started looking into them as a vacation property option.  I thought it would be much more reasonable for me to buy a lot and put one of these on that lot rather than trying to build my own cabin.  Definitely an affordable option in that they start out at around $22,000.  I love that you can get one with log siding. 

Recently I’ve found myself looking once again and pining away for one of these.  It is so much fun to look and dream!
 
 
You may also enjoy reading this article about this downsizing couple.

1 comment:

  1. Love the cabin with the pond. I want one!!

    K

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...