Saturday, May 4, 2013

Toaster Ovens

 
Do you have a toaster oven?  I’ve had one for years and recently upgraded to a convection toaster oven compliments of my parents.  They didn’t need theirs anymore.  Hurray for me! 

I love having a toaster oven because I can cook a lot of meals without having to heat up the big oven.  Because they are 110V they use less electricity too making them much more economical to run than the big oven. 

Another bonus is their portability.  I keep mine mostly on top of my dryer in the laundry room but in the summer time I used it out on our deck.  I love that I can bake something, even in the hottest part of the year, without heating up my kitchen.  Sometimes you just need a fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookie in the middle of July. 

For traveling they are wonderful too.  I you RV it or even stay in a hotel for an extended period of time you can bring one along and bake to your little heart’s content, if you’re feeling so inclined. 

Our new convection toaster oven is the perfect size to hold my pizza stone so now I bake homemade pizza in it.  I’ve also found that the convection feature bakes foods much more evenly and faster than the standard mode, which I hardly ever use anymore. 

What are some tips you would care to share?

4 comments:

  1. I love our toaster oven, like you especially in the summer to keep the house from heating up so much. I like to take it outside when I bake fish to keep the smell outside. :-)
    Have a good weekend!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a convection oven & we use it daily! It's awesome & cheaper to use than our big oven! :) Enjoy your "new" one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because they are 110V they use less electricity too making them much more economical to run than the big oven. Emily

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...