Tuesday, May 21, 2013

We Are Leaving

 
We are shucking it all! 

I have made the decision to leave Boise and start my life over in a new place.  I will no longer be the Thrifty Mom In Boise.  Instead I will be the Thrifty Mom From Boise.  There are a multitude of reasons supporting my decision to do this.  The most important one is to improve my quality of life. 

I have an idea where my final destination may be but I am not 100% sure.  My plan is to wend my way in that direction and see what happens.  For someone who is anything but spontaneous, this is a huge departure from my norm.  I am a planner.  I like to know what to expect.  I need to know the ending before I even get started.  That sounds kind of nuts if you really think about it. 

Not this time.  I am making myself do something completely different. 

Usually when I know my destination I charge ahead and we get there.  If you have ever travelled with me you know I stop when I get there.  If you need to pee (sorry about that one time Mom) you’d better do it while I’m gassing up or else you will be in trouble later.  I’ve always had an agenda and a timeline. 

Not this time. 

The hardest part about this decision and the process to get ready to go has been saying “see you later” to my friends and family.  “Good Bye” isn’t an option.  I’m not fond of good byes, anyway.  We all need to stay in touch and I really think most of us will. 

I’ve caused quite a few tears lately and for that I feel badly, but not enough to stick around. 

Sorry! 

I’m excited, my girls are excited, our two cats are… well maybe not so much, but we are going on a great adventure.  One of my friends told me he thinks I’m like a little kid.  He likes that I seem to have found my spark again.  I think he might be right about that. 

I can hardly wait to see what happens!

9 comments:

  1. I am excited for you. I wish you well and hope you end up as happy as we are now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you! I admire that as it is something I would never be able to do.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. exciting and scary! Go for it! Let us know how the journey goes!
    what will happen to the chickens?


    Jessiejack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very exciting and yes, a little scary. More exciting though. I rented out my house and the new tenants are keeping the chickens. They are really excited about it.

      Delete
  4. Sounds fun & exciting!!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You've been pretty busy lately! I'm truly excited for you. We've toyed with the idea of moving crazy far away from where we are now, but ultimately we're living God's plan so we'll go where ever He takes us (or doesn't!). Many blessings to you as you make this journey. Keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly believe this is His plan for me. I will definitely keep everyone updated as this all unfolds.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...