Thursday, May 9, 2013

What If…?



What if… one day you woke up and decided to shuck it all and start over?  A whole new life, a brand new beginning. 

What would you do? 

How would you do it? 

Where would you go? 

How would you live? 

What would you keep and what would you take? 

Could you really do it? 

I just read an article a couple of weeks ago on MSN.com about a single woman living in New York City.  She had moved there to start her career and thought, for the most part, she was living her dream.  Then one day she realized her dream was living her.  She was unhappy and wondering why.  She had found that time was passing her by and all she did was work.  Her social life had diminished to almost non-existent.  Her tiny apartment did not fulfill her, nor did her job anymore. 

After some serious soul searching she bid the hustle and bustle of Manhattan good bye and hopped a plane to Portland, Oregon.  Then she started her life over. 

Talk about a complete change in lifestyle.  Could you do it?

10 comments:

  1. Yes, I could and we did! Almost two years ago, we put our home up for sale and moved over 1,800 miles away to a different state and climate. I only wish we had done it earlier in our lives and not let fear hold us back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic!! Good for you! I think fear is a real factor in holding us back from a lot of things we would like to do. It's great that you were able to overcome it and live your dream.

      Delete
    2. For over three years we did research on the area we wanted to move and looked at house prices, cost of moving, etc. Home prices had declined in the area we were trying to sell in and by God's grace it was only on the market 4 months and we managed to sell it for a good price. The home we purchased is a bit smaller and wasn't as nice but we have been working slowly on spiffing it up. Minor obstacles in the road of life. We enjoy a sunny climate, friendly people, small town atmosphere and low crime. A dream come true!

      Delete
    3. Sounds wonderful. I'm glad you found your piece of paradise.

      Delete
  2. I've been dreaming of doing something but I'm not sure what yet and how to make money while doing it and moving with a husband and 4 kids. I'd like to read the post though - sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to find the article so I could link up to it for this post and MSN removed it. I guess it wasn't interesting enough to them to archive.

      Change is good. How about an online business? Are you crafty? Etsy or eBay?

      Delete
    2. I would love that. I am kind of crafty but don't have time to craft right now - homeschooling and 4 kids under 7. I have been selling on Ebay but just stuff we have here at home. I'd love any tips for an online business or maybe you have already posted on that?

      Delete
    3. I did a post called Cottage Industries awhile back. See if that gives you any new ideas.

      http://thriftymominboise.blogspot.com/2012/10/cottage-industries.html

      Delete
  3. If I was single, yes, without a doubt. Married with 4 kids? Not a chance... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. You've got a lot more at stake. Established jobs, kids in school, etc., etc.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...