Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Do You Car Dance?


After a rather long and, unfortunately, stressful week Friday couldn’t have come soon enough for us last week.  The fact that it was a three day weekend with the Memorial Day holiday, well let’s just say it couldn’t have come at a better time. 

We crawled into the car and as I was digging out my sunglasses and preparing for the drive home I realized it was tremendously quiet.  The girls were just as tapped out as I was. 

What else is a Mom to do?  Initiate some serious car dancing, that’s what! 

I put our Billy Idol’s Greatest Hits CD in and punched up the volume.  We rolled down the windows and sang and moved around with our arms in the air or our hands clapping (I kept my hands on the wheel except when stopped at a light) all the way to the post office, then the grocery store and then all the way home. 

We got some funny looks from the surrounding motorists but we really didn’t care because it was obvious we were having way more fun than they were.  By the time we pulled into the driveway we had a whole new attitude and some pep in our step. 

So, do you car dance?

 

1 comment:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...