Thursday, May 16, 2013

Toiletries


This week I went through and reorganized our toiletries in our main bathroom.  I have found that I have enough toothbrushes, shampoo, conditioner and soaps to last until the end of the year.  I have enough toothpaste, razors, deodorant and lotions to last even longer than that.

I wait to purchase toiletries when they go on sale and most of the time I have a coupon to match up with that sale for maximum savings and then I stock up.  Often, as is the case with toothpaste this year, I am able to match up a sale and a coupon to get it for free.  Usually, I am able to buy shampoo for as little as 99¢ and deodorant for 50¢. 

I really like the shower gels and lotions they sell at Bath and Body Works.  I feel, despite the fact that this stuff is more expensive than others you can buy for less, that I get a better value.  I find that the lotion moisturizes better and seems to last longer so I don’t need to use as much.  I use the shower gel not only to wash with but for shaving my legs.  Since I started doing that I no longer get razor burn.  I also love the fragrances and find that I save on using perfume this way too.  For me it is definitely an affordable luxury. 

To save money on the shower gels and lotions I purchase in bulk, using coupons (you can print them right off their website if you are not on their mailing list) in conjunction with their really great promotions they run periodically throughout the year.  I am not only able to acquire a lot of product but a lot of free product this way.  I end up using quite a bit of what I purchase as gifts for friends and family too which saves me even more money in the long run. 

I am not an extreme coupon shopper by any means, but saving big money on toiletries is super easy to do with just a little bit of time and effort. 

Do you have any great tips for saving money on toiletry purchases?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...