Thursday, May 30, 2013

Our Latest Staycation


Last week when I posted our Memorial Day Weekend Plans I was focusing on the chores I wanted to get done.  I also managed to put some fun into the weekend so it didn’t feel like all work and no play.  I also did it on a budget. 

We started Friday evening with no chores other than to feed our pets and do the dishes.  We stopped at the store on the way home for a treat of frozen pizza, ice cream and soda.  At home we baked the pizzas, watched DVDs from our home collection and finished off the evening with a nice bowl of ice cream. 

Saturday we started with a pancake breakfast and then the girls had to clean their room while I did laundry and cleaned bathrooms.  Next we went outside for a set time of weed pulling.  After the chores for the day were completed the girls got to bake a poke cake and then we made a nice pork chop dinner.  We watched a couple programs on TV and called it a day.
 
Sunday we did something we rarely do.  We took in a matinee at the theater.  I had put a pot roast in the slow cooker before we left so our home smelled so good when we got back.  The girls hurried to mow our little yard ahead of a storm that was heading in while I made a big bowl of popcorn for a snack and then put veggies in the slow cooker.  We had an early supper and then settled in for watching NASCAR and playing dominoes.  We also ate cake – twice! 

Monday the girls slept in and I got to enjoy a quiet relaxing morning.  While I worked on some items on my “To-Do” list I enjoyed watching a few cooking programs on TV.  After a big breakfast and a few more chores around the house we watched DVDs from our own collection and enjoyed the last of our long weekend.  

I spent less than $34 on our staycation.  $9.87 on our pizza, soda and ice cream, $24 for movie tickets.  Definitely a bargain compared to what it would have cost if we had left town.  I can’t even fill my gas tank for $34. 

Do you do staycations?  What are some of the things you do?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...