Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I Can't Seem To Get Out Of This Godforsaken Town!


And you know what?  That's okay! 

Boise, Idaho really isn't a godforsaken town.  It is a lovely place and has a lot of wonderful things to offer.  So why leave?  Simply because I wanted a change in my life.  I wanted to live somewhere else, experience something new, meet different people, shop in different stores, work in a new field. 

There comes a time when you just have to throw up your hands and say "Whatever!"  I swear I am stopped at every turn when it comes to making this move.  The harder I try to get out of here the more weird stuff that keeps happening.   I just can't seem to make any headway.  In fact, I seriously think I'm heading backward instead of forward, if that makes any kind of sense. 

My friends are just shaking their heads in amazement at all the oddities that have been taking place and now with the truck breaking down they are all of the consensus that I'm not meant to go.  It has become a growing concern. 

The really weird thing is that this is the third time I have tried to move.  The first time I was headed to Phoenix and the economy collapsed.  The real estate market and the job market both hit the skids.  Arizona was one of the hardest hit states.  The second time I was making a smaller move to another town and lost my job.  This time, way too many things have happened to mention them all. 

But the night I got home with my truck on a U-haul there was major flash flooding in Phoenix, Mesa and Apache Junction.  We had been planning to head there next.  After watching cars and RVs being swept away on the news my friend just looked at me and said "You are definitely not meant to go there!" 

Like I said, the harder I try to leave the more things happen and they seem to escalate in severity.  If that isn't the man upstairs trying to tell me something I don't know what is.  Maybe for now I'd better just sit tight.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe all of it but it does sound like you are meant to stay at least for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? It has been a crazy ride.

      Delete
    2. I just found your blog and am kind of laughing about this post. Not because it's funny, but because I feel your pain, but in a whole different way! For years I wanted to leave Phoenix and move to Boise, so two years ago we made the move. Everything fell apart from the second we arrived here! We absolutely love the place, but it has been absolute hell trying to make it work here! So...hubby is back in AZ trying to get something going there and I am here trying to find another job after losing my first one. And as far as the flash flooding in Phoenix/Mesa, etc goes? It's really pretty rare. and mostly in the outlying areas where the problems occur, So I wouldn't let that scare ya. Hope things work out for you the way they are supposed to work out! In the meantime, check out my blog and maybe we can meet for lunch sometime and commiserate! Glad I found you, Thrifty Mom!

      Delete
    3. So sorry to hear you are having a rough time here. Funny how things work out sometimes. I will definitely check out your blog. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...