Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Thinking Small - My New Home Office


Small and portable is the state of my new home office.  A small plastic tote holds sheets of paper, envelopes, a legal pad, my mouse, a ruler and packing tape.  My two photo boxes hold one small box of assorted greeting cards, stationery, pens & pencils, tape, paper & binder clips, staples, etc.  Still more than I actually need, I’m sure. 

I’ve traded my desktop computer for a laptop.  My laptop fits inside my backpack for easy portability.  For an internet connection we’ll have our Voyager "on the go" device. 

My day planner is coming along too, of course.  I don’t think I could manage well without that.  It also fits inside my backpack with my laptop. 

I’ve scaled back considerably on what I need and I’ll be going a little old school, especially with regard to menu planning and grocery lists.  I’ll be writing things out on paper more using a pencil.  I'm actually looking forward to that. 

As I purged and streamlined my office necessities I was rather surprised at how much stuff I had accumulated in recent years and just how much of that stuff I didn't need and wasn't using.  I used gallon zipper bags to package up bundles of various items and sold them at our yard sale.  These bundles were a hit. 

It will be interesting to see if I purged too much or if I did okay.
 
You may also enjoy revisiting My Old Home Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...