Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thinking Small - New Internet Service

 
I turned off our home internet service last week when we moved out of our house.  I use the internet a lot.  I blog nearly every day.  I use it as a primary source of communication and now that we will be traveling we will rely on it even more so.  I do a lot of research online.  I also run two small online businesses. 

Having a reliable internet service is important to me.  Relying on free internet sources while we are on the road initially sounded good and thrifty, but concerned me with regard to efficiency and reliability. 

When I canceled my service I spoke with the representative about a "pay as you go" option.  I pretty much use that type of service for my cell phone and it has served me well so I figured why not try it with my internet. 

My current internet provider carries such a service and because I have been a long time customer they gave me a special offer to switch to this.   

I had to buy a new portable wireless device ($47.95 + $2.99 shipping through Amazon.com).  It is so cute!  Sits right in the palm of my hand.  You could slip it in your purse or a pocket.  I plan to zip it into a pocket in my backpack.  It comes with a charger and holds a charge for up to six hours of use or you can leave it plugged in and use it just like a regular modem. 

I've had it for a week now and just love it.  I can do everything with it I did with my modem.  It's fast too.  We can stream movies, download stuff, you name it.  This is really good because we plan to use the internet as our main source of entertainment as far as watching TV and movies. 

At $30 a month for unlimited use and to run up to 8 devices I am pretty impressed with this little gem.  I was even more impressed that they are letting me have the first three months at $20 a month as a show of customer appreciation for sticking with them and giving it a try.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish I could find a deal like that. Small towns, not so much....sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually a perfect option for small towns. I handled it all online and on the phone with Clearwire. I'd give them a call and see if they service your area. Couldn't hurt.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...