Friday, July 5, 2013

Getting The Truck Road Ready


In April, you may remember, my dad and I changed out all three fan belts on my pick up.  I filled up the wiper fluid reservoir and checked and topped off the radiator with antifreeze and added some brake fluid.  I also had a new stereo installed, which I am thoroughly enjoying! 

In May I got the emission test done and renewed the license plates.  I cleaned out the interior and put in new floor mats.  I even hung a new stink tree (you probably know these better as air fresheners). 

Last month the routine maintenance was completed with a new air filter and a complete oil change.  I wiped down the engine and cleaned up some grease that had accumulated after fifteen years. 

A new set of tires and an alignment was next on the list and I got that taken care of first thing Monday morning.  I wanted to be one of their first customers so I could get it done and be on my way. 

Afterward we made a road trip to the bustling metropolis of Burley, Idaho to get fitted with a camper shell.  I've had the worst time finding one to fit our truck.  Not only did they have one but it is the extended size so we can get more stuff inside.  I was super excited about it.   

I have to tell you about this place.  Save onShells is a small business owned by a father and son.  When I told them what I was looking for and they determined they had one that would work I let them know I  would be coming from Boise to get it.  Talk about customer service.  They were willing to meet me at their business anytime, even on a Sunday if it was more convenient for me.

When we showed up Monday afternoon it was 100° outside and first thing they got us in the shade and insisted on getting us something cold to drink.  Then they went to work and fit the truck with the shell and threw in a brand new set of clamps at no charge because we had driven so far to come and get it. 

The price was only $395 installed and they were so wonderful to work with.  Had I ended up having to order one custom made to fit our truck it would have cost nearly $1500.  I'm glad we were able to get this one at a considerable savings and we met two very nice gentlemen in the process. 

After a bath and another vacuuming we will be ready to rock and roll.  Now I just have to load her up.  We are gaining on it!

 

1 comment:

  1. Now that is what I would call being seriously blessed! Whoo hoo, I am glad you were able to get a great deal with nice people.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...