Tuesday, July 2, 2013

It’s The Final Countdown!


Purge, pack, toss.  Purge some more, sell stuff, toss stuff, pack some more.  Repeat, repeat, repeat. 

I swear when you decide to downsize you have decided to take on one of the biggest projects of your life.  Throughout this process I have managed to let go of a lot of things, even those I thought I had sentimental attachments to.  I’ve re-evaluated the importance of the material items in my life and come to terms with some of the peculiar reasons why I’ve hung onto things. 

Now that we are done with this huge project of downsizing the countdown begins.  We are getting ready to leave!  Our target date for moving is July 8.  I wanted to wait until after the holiday and with Independence Day smack in the middle of the week it kind of hogged two whole weekends. 

We will be traveling to visit some friends and relatives before heading south into the scorching heat.  It is pretty much scorching hot here these days so we are getting acclimated. 

I’m not dead set to leave on any certain day because I need to be flexible and make sure everything gets taken care of, including some pretty important people in my life.  Within the next two weeks I expect we will be well on our way, however. 

Our tenants move in on the 5th so that is one deadline I won’t be fudging on.

2 comments:

  1. I think your observation is most accurate. I honestly thought I had downsized sufficiently for our big move. Once we arrived at our new location I realized I hadn't. Sigh. I have continued to "declutter" almost two years now and am afraid that I have a bit further to go.

    The benefit from enduring such a process is that I am now very slow to make purchases of items. I carefully weight the usefulness, the space to keep it in and the need. A real plus to stop being a consumer and being content.

    I hope you will be able to make a few posts during your trip. Best to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely put more thought into future purchases. Nothing has come to mind more than that as I have been going through this process. Stuff, stuff everywhere!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...