Friday, July 19, 2013

Making Rice Is Simple & Economical


One of my earlier posts dealt with teaching you how to make steamed rice easily and perfectly every time.  I also listed the serving ratios so it would be easy to determine how much rice to make for a meal. 

A ten pound bag of rice isn't very expensive, lasts a long time and makes a great side dish to so many different meals.  We eat rice at least once a week.  I prefer the texture of regular long grain, medium grain and jasmine rice over instant or converted (partially cooked), not to mention the significant cost savings. 

The other day I was talking with a friend of mine who shared with me that she always buys instant rice because she found it too difficult to make it from "scratch".  When I told her how I do it she didn't believe it could be so easy.  It really is! 

I decided it might be time to revisit that post for those of you that may be struggling to make rice and are still using instant or for those of you making regular rice and are looking for an easy foolproof method. 


Enjoy fluffy, perfectly cooked rice at your next meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...