Monday, September 21, 2020

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 

Once again I found my week rushing by in a blur.  My work week was a bit rough and kept me hopping Monday through Friday.  By the time I clocked out Friday afternoon I was more than ready for the weekend.  It was time to head for home and decompress.

 

Organized chaos!

Last Sunday morning I was up early with a hot cup of coffee and at my craft center working on some more Christmas cards.  I am having way too much fun and so happy to have this project to be working on right now.

 


Our two week meal plan morphed itself into a three weeker which couldn't have worked out any better had I actually planned it that way.  My daughter and I had more than enough good meal options and plenty of leftovers to carry us through the week once again without any additional work or planning.  Our favorite meal last week was a simple bowl of egg drop soup along with egg roll in a bowl.  We are easy to please.

 

I got all of these for $15.25 from a seller on eBay

I did take a break for some retail therapy and perused JoAnns, Amazon and eBay for the best buy I could find on Christmas themed scrapbook paper as I only have a few sheets left in my stash.  Hard to believe after all these years but I am actually using it up.  I found a great buy on eBay and got it ordered.  I also received my order of stamps I got on ebay in the mail on Wednesday.  I am super thrilled about these and all the ways I will get to use them.

 

My Cash & Carry haul

I decided to use my extra hours I had worked toward some much needed time off and instead of overtime pay I opted to clock out early on Friday and start my weekend early.  I was super excited to get home and get crafting.  In order to have a clear weekend I ran to Cash & Carry to get the items I had on my list before going home and changing into my comfy clothes and getting to work on more cards.

 


When I got home my latest Amazon order was waiting for me on my front porch.  Inside of it was a package of hair snakes I'd ordered.  Crazy thing to be excited about, but I used one of them to clear the bathroom drains and was able to save me a costly plumbing bill.  Our bathroom drains have been slow and getting worse ever since this pandemic began so I had yet to make the call to have a plumber come out or to ask my friend who is a retired plumber to give me a hand.  But once I was able to figure out exactly where the clog was I hoped a hair snake would do the trick and it did.  It was a super gross task, but very rewarding to now have our sinks draining properly.  We are super happy! 

 



Many of you have encouraged me to sell some of my creations and I am honestly thinking I just might.  My daughters are encouraging me as well so we are looking at some various options for a selling platform that won't be too costly as there isn't much of a profit margin on handcrafted greeting cards.  I will keep you posted on what we come up with.

 


Prepper Pantry = soy sauce.

 

I have a Jack in a Box

Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Dining Room - vacuumed floor, dusted shelves & chair rail. 

Kitchen -  vacuumed & pot mopped floor, cleared and reorganized refrigerator shelves. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - one large load of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry.  Swept front porch & garage.

 

How was your thrifty week?

 

2 comments:

  1. I bought a hair snake about 2 weeks ago for DD's shower, which was getting slow. DH had never heard of them! I've been using one since I was a teenager!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...