Friday, September 25, 2020

Simple Christmas 2020 - Update #4

 


Three months from today we will be celebrating Christmas.  In some ways it seems crazy to be this close, however in other ways this has been a very long year.  Regardless, I am super excited for the upcoming holidays and preparations are under way.  We've even got a plan for Thanksgiving dinner already!

 


As far as our Christmas, we have dinner plans in mind as well, but have yet to firm anything up.  I'm pretty sure though, no matter what food we decide on, I pretty much have about 90% of what we will need already on hand.

 


Christmas gifts have been started and now that we are getting closer I should probably kick some of that into gear.  I picked up a few stocking stuffer items in the past month as well as firmed up a few ideas on some other things.  At least I have a plan and a direction to follow.

 


In the last month I completed all of the Christmas cards I started making in January, pulled the envelopes from my supply on hand and got them altogether and ready.  I even attempted a start on our annual letter, but I didn't get very far.  Our letter this year is going to be a little different than in years past, I think.  For the most part we don't have a lot to report.  Not unlike a lot of people I'm sure.

 


One thing I did do and got checked of my list is that I was able to pick up Christmas stamps when I went to the post office to pick up regular ones.  They are last year's leftovers but I don't care.  They're cute and they work so I'm good with that.

 


So that is where I'm at for the moment with our Christmas plans.  How about you?  Any progress?

 

6 comments:

  1. The ONLY thing I need is fruit for my fruitcake. I haven't seen it in the stores yet. Typically, I buy it on sale after Christmas, but, for the past two years, there hasn't been any available. In fact, last year, I bought it the instant I saw it in a supermarket, and I'm glad I did. The next day, there was none left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of all the crazy places, I found candied fruit for fruitcakes at Dollar Tree. They had tons of it last year. Maybe they will have it again this year.

      Delete
  2. More than what I would have figured...we just aren't able to keep a lot of extra stuff in the fifth-wheel. But I found several stocking stuffers (and a wedding present) during our local thrift shop's 50% off sale -- and I've found several things on Amazon, as well. Better to get them now, and store them in "our" corner of our landlord's basement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to stock up much in an RV, for sure. We had a shed next to ours when we lived in our RV and that was very helpful. Sounds like you are off to a really good start.

      Delete
  3. I will get Christmas stamps in October. I used so few that I put them on letters the next year. For the second year ever, I may give money to my four grandchildren, maybe $10 each.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...