Friday, September 4, 2020

Another Small Home Improvement Project - Installing More Closet Storage

 


Last Saturday I was back in the master bedroom for a quick little project.  When I redid the closet last year I knew I probably wanted to add a shelf across the top of the long hanging rod and give it a more finished look.  This was the final thing I needed to do in order to bring the master closet renovation to completion.

 


Fortunately everything I needed to do this project I already had in my garage so this project didn't cost me anything and I was able to use up some things and get them out of the garage.  I used a narrow piece of wood I had acquired some time ago from the FREE WOOD bin near where I work to make brackets and the end of a shelf I had leftover from when I added a new shelf to our pantry.

 


After cutting the pieces to size I gave the two shelf brackets a quick spray of white paint and allowed them to dry before drilling pilot holes and attaching them in place.  I used a level to make sure the shelf was straight and the shelf brackets were in the right place.  A little bit of construction adhesive and two screws were used to attach the one bracket to the closet organizer.  Finished nails were adequate for the one I attached to the side of the shelves in the linen closet portion.

 


With the shelf now installed I gained a lot of extra storage space to keep the ten boxes of facial tissues I bought last week on sale as well as some of or extra packages of toilet paper we have.  I also like how much more finished the closet organizer appears now.  Definitely well worth the effort.

 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. Amazing how nice it is to have that little shelf.

      Delete
  2. Great job! You’re like me. I’ve got a good stock of toilet paper but not Kleenex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I figured TP was more important. Now I can work on tissues. :)

      Delete
  3. That looks great. I installed shelves to convert a closet to all shelves once. Now, i wish I had the same dexterity and a level! God job.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...