Thursday, September 17, 2020

The 60 Second Hustle

 


Another tool I keep in my arsenal that helps me to be productive or stay on top of things is to employ what I like to refer to as the 60 Second Hustle.  If I know there is something I need to work on or take care of I will do this, especially if it is something I don't really want to do.  I find the best time to hustle on something is when I am reheating my coffee in the microwave.

 


In sixty seconds I can gather up and take out the trash plus replace the liners, I can empty the dish drainer in the kitchen sink, I can pack my lunch, I can clear some clutter, I can straighten up the junk drawer or a shelf in the refrigerator, I can fill up the washing machine and get it started, I can transfer a load from the washer to the dryer and get it running, I can sweep my front porch.

 


I am always amazed at how much I can accomplish before the microwave sounds off.  And the reward is a hot cup of coffee when I'm finished.  Give the 60 Second Hustle a try and see what you can get accomplished.  And let me know too.  You may do some things that will inspire me as well.

12 comments:

  1. On rice storing did you freeze rice before putting in bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't freeze my rice and have never had issues. I do freeze my flour.

      Delete
  2. I thought I was the only one who used the microwave like this. The other "timer" I use is commercial time. I rush about so I can get back to the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a similar practice for dresser drawers. If I come across a one in disarray, I resolve myself right then and there to straighten it--no lingering over "keep or toss" or either. It usually takes about a minute, which makes me that more inclined to move to the next drawer down. I have a four-drawer dresser, so I can get my dresser organized in under five minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I am watching a tv show, I will get up during the commercials and see how much I can get down. Like empty dishwasher or load it, clean counters or table, etc. Simetimes it might take 2 commercial breaks, but you can actually get a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that too when we had regular TV/Cable. Amazing how much we can do. :)

      Delete
  5. This is a wonderful idea. Thank you
    Karon
    Paso Robles, CA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the same thing when heating something in the microwave. Usually, it is loading or unloading dishes in the dishwasher because I am standing right there.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...