Monday, September 14, 2020

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


I honestly don't have a lot to report for last week.  My entire week zipped by in a flash and work was super busy.  I worked some long days and earned some overtime and when I got home I was pretty much wiped out.  I did however, plan ahead for my weekend and acquired more craft supplies form Amazon and eBay including some vintage greeting cards to make new cards with, more envelopes, card stock and some stamping supplies.  Most of what I ordered arrived on Saturday and the rest should be her on Wednesday and Thursday of this week.

 


After work on Friday I did a Dollar Tree run and picked up a gob of stuff from their craft section.  I was super excited to see all of the new items they have now and I had a ball shopping.  I got up super early on Saturday morning and it was a marathon of crafting and card making.  I didn't stop until close to midnight and I loved, loved, loved every bit of it.  I got up early again yesterday and continued again.  When I am ready I will take some pictures and share my creations with you in an upcoming post.  I'm not sure this was the thriftiest week I've had, but I do know that everything I purchased was at rock bottom prices and/or second hand.

 

As you can see it is pretty smokey here
And apparently this business could use another dumptser.

For those that have asked, yes we are heavily smoked out up here.  Washington, Oregon and California fires are heavily impacting our air quality and that has us indoors and praying we don't go up in flames too.  And praying for rain.  Lots of rain to douse those flames.  What in incredible situation!

 

My $10 prep this week was butter $1.88 a pound

Prepper Pantry = butter.

 

Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Dining Room - vacuumed & mopped floor. 

Kitchen -  vacuumed & mopped floor, cleaned stove, rangehood & microwave. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry.  Swept front porch & garage.

 

How was your thrifty week?  I hope everyone is safe, healthy and doing well.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Not a really thrifty week. We met with the drilling company for our new well. Expensive. I also bought $73.00 worth of New York strip steaks at $5.99/lb. but we are good for beef for months and months! I took advantage of some Rite Aid deals on Sunday, after going to a local glass blower where I bought a fairly expensive gift for a friend. I am justifying the latter by the fact that 1) I am supporting a local artist and 2) My friend really needed a pick me up. (We don't exchange birthday or Christmas gift.) I am on a no spend period for the rest of the month, though!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...