Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Sundays Are For R&R = Rest & Reset

 



I have tried in the past to reserve Sunday as a family day with little to no activities planned.  It isn’t always easy to accomplish this now that my girls are older, have jobs and one is in college so I changed the game plan.  Now Sunday is my day.  Beginning in October I decided to make Sunday my day for R & R.  A time to Rest & Reset for the week ahead.  I’m adamant about it now too.  It is my day.  😁

 


Sunday is the perfect day for me get my week started off on the right foot.  I will usually get up fairly early, shower and get dressed in something comfortable, make myself a nice cup of coffee and put on my sneakers before heading out to do a bit of grocery shopping.  I like to grocery shop so this is not a chore to me at all and I really enjoy doing it on Sunday mornings when the stores are well stocked and nice and quiet.

 


When I get home I make myself a keto coffee and put my groceries away, start a load of laundry, put fresh sheets on my bed and then I’m ready to either sit for a bit and do some writing or work on my latest craft project.  I will often watch a movie or TV series at the same time.

 


I prepare a nice meal so we can eat our Sunday dinner in the mid afternoon with plenty of leftovers to start off the week ahead.  I may to some other meal prepping or baking as well.  It all depends on my mood and what I think we will need that week

 


There are no major chores or projects to be done on Sunday.  No appointments or commitments that need to be kept.  And nothing I am doing that day needs to be rushed or hurried.  It is a quiet day to spend time doing the things I want to do at a leisurely pace.  And if I want to take a nap, I can do that too!  I love Sundays!

4 comments:

  1. Sunday is my R and R day as well. I started that probably 20+ years ago. No housework allowed. No errands allowed. No appointments/commitments. I do what I want to do in the moment. Back then I decided errands/grocery trips would be done on the way home from work. Now I'm retired and I have assigned this to Wednesday. I maintain R/R Sundays and it's my "I can be as lazy as I want to be" day :-)

    Cheers to taking care of yourself! You've worked hard and you deserve it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle. I am very much looking forward to my lazy as I want to be days. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds wonderful to me! I do not have a set day for R and R because I never know how I will be feeling from day to day. If I have a burst of energy, I try to get as much done as I can. Other than that, I limit myself to one or two things a day, as that is all I can handle. Some days I am even unable to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...