Monday, January 25, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


After a crazy busy week prior I was ready on Sunday for some R&R.  My daughter was home from work too so we declared it a pajama day and each did whatever we wanted to do.  Needless to say I headed off to the craft room and made some greeting cards!  It was the perfect way to decompress and get ready for the week ahead.

 

We got some good mileage out of a pot roast last week

This past week was much nicer for me, slower and less hectic.  I perused the new grocery ads that came out on Wednesday, downloaded a handful of digital coupons and made a list to prepare for my next grocery shopping trip.

 


I did a lot of financial planning and started preparing my taxes as our W-2s were ready.  I have a couple more forms to receive before I can complete and file them but it does feel good to have started the process.

 


I used some of the proceeds I have earned recently from my eBay sales and invested in a crosscut paper shredder for our home.  It is a small tabletop unit and handles six sheets at a time or a credit card.  It seems to do a good job so I am quite pleased.  I know this will help me a lot in managing paper clutter.  We recycled the cross cut paper by putting it in our chicken coop for the nests.  The hens seem to like it.

 


THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Pot roast with carrots, potatoes & broccoli spears; grilled cheese & tomato basil soup; beef vegetable soup (made from leftover pot roast & veggies), egg roll in a bowl, pork verde (from last summer's canning).

 

Neat, tidy & well stocked

THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - cleaned mirror, vacuumed & mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room -  Cleaned and reorganized the pantry & refrigerator. Vacuumed & spot mopped floors. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - one large load of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & both entryways.

 

I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to a digital programmable thermostat

THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  I washed out a few Ziploc bags to reuse.  I knocked the thermostat down a notch to see if we could handle a lower temperature indoors and it seemed fine.  I was actually getting too warm at 70° and 71.  68° or 69° seems better to me.  I did not do any grocery shopping.

 


THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  I worked a little bit of overtime and sold some more items on eBay and Etsy.  Yay!

 


I felt like I was adequately productive and made some progress on a few things around the house.  How was your thrifty week?

 

 

1 comment:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...