Friday, November 15, 2013

Easy Pork Verde - A Five Ingredients Or Less Recipe!

 
My family loves this dish and it couldn't be any simpler.  It cooks all day in my slow cooker and the aroma throughout the house is a slice of heaven. 

Pork Verde 

1 sirloin pork roast -  approx. 1 1/2 pounds
1 medium onion
1 28oz. can green enchilada sauce, divided* 

1 recipe steamed rice - 6 servings
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream 

Cut pork into 1 inch bite sized pieces, trim away any excess fat.  Cut onion into a large dice.  In slow cooker place onion in bottom.  Add pork on top of onion.  Pour 1/3 of enchilada sauce on top.  Set slow cooker to low and allow to cook for 8 hours, stir occasionally. 

Serve spooned on top of rice and garnish with cheese or sour cream, as desired. 

Serving Suggestion:  Use as a filling with warm flour tortillas. 

*Divide remaining enchilada sauce into two freezer containers.  Label and freeze for future use. 

My favorite brand.
I purchase the large can of sauce because the smaller can is a bit too much for this recipe and not enough for another batch.  Plus if you compare volume the smaller cans are much more expensive. 

I will usually serve this on rice and then use the leftovers for another meal as suggested with tortillas.  I also spoon any leftover rice into my tortilla along with the verde and cheese and a little dab of sour cream.  Wonderful! 

This recipe is also delicious if you substitute the pork with boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  If you use chicken I recommend not cooking it as long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...