Tuesday, November 26, 2013

New Day Planner Pages for 2014

I love my day planner.  It is, quite literally, my brain in print, or more accurately, my memory.  If I had to carry around all the things in my brain that need to be remembered I think my head would explode.  For me visual aids are extremely useful.

Like everything else, I keep my day planner rather plain and simple.  Every year, just before Thanksgiving I create and print out a new calendar for 2014.  The plain and simple "understated" one that has the nice big blocks for each day on it.  I used it to plan my life and remember important dates and appointments.  The size of the blocks on this calendar are the perfect sized to write this thing down in.  I decided long ago that if the blocks ever got too small it just meant I was doing too much. J 

I love to dress it up to suit my mood or the season of each page I am working on.  So I dig out my colored pens and pencils.  Although I am no artist, I leave that to my talented daughters, I find it fun and relaxing to sit down and prepare my planner for the coming year.  It also gets me excited to embrace the New Year and all the possibilities I have ahead. 

The first thing I do is sit down and put in all the holidays.  I use the laptop to go online and verify dates if I need to.  Then I fill in everyone's birthday.  I decorate with little pictures, stickers or whatever and then when I have finished I insert the new pages into my planner. 

I keep a mechanical pencil and clic-eraser handy to use throughout the year to put in notes and reminders.  I prefer pencil for the obvious reason that it's erasable.  Life happens and things are often changed so rather than have a bunch of scribbles and Wite-out all over I just erase it and try again. 

I know that there are a lot of calendar templates available online at various sites.  If anyone needs a copy of my simple calendar just email me and I will be happy to send a PDF copy of it to you. 

You may also enjoy revisiting this older post Day Planners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...