Monday, November 11, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves

I love free stuff!
I didn't do a whole lot of thrifty things this week. 

I did do some grocery shopping, sticking strictly to sales items and loss leaders which allowed me to stock up on canned soup (2/$1), peanut butter ($1.78 ea.), cheese and butter (3/$5), eggs (98¢/doz.), and canned pumpkin (10/$10). 

I ordered two items for my daughter's birthdays this month and received free shipping. 

I made pumpkin pancakes from scratch for breakfast twice this week and a loaf of pumpkin bread.  I used the pumpkin I "baked" in my slow cooker last week. 

I got my haircut and color done by my stylist for $45 plus tip!  It had been nearly six months since I was last in. 

We watched our favorite TV shows again on Hulu for free. 

I listened to a lot of music this week on Youtube. 

I stuck close to home and conserved gas. 

The youngest and I went to the mall and turned in a coupon good for a free bottle of shower gel.  She used a 20% OFF coupon to purchase three small bottles of lotion that were already on sale.  She plans to give them as Christmas gifts. 

How was your thrifty week last week?

2 comments:

  1. Not thrifty at all. Oh well, you win some you lose some :)
    I love bath and body works lotion. Always a great gift.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...