Friday, November 8, 2013

October - 30 Things To Do This Month - How I Did!


I really needed a good list last month because I had a lot to get accomplished.  There were only two things on the list I didn't get done.  One of them I'll get done this month for sure and that will be to make salsa.  The other one will probably take a crazed moment of motivation. 

As I got each thing done I marked it off the list by highlighting it: 

1.             Replace weather stripping around front door
2.            Purchase electric oil filled heater
3.            Shift clothing - pull out winter clothes and store summer items
4.            Take a bag of donations into the thrift store
5.            Family Game Night
6.            Invite company for dinner
7.            Start Christmas letter
8.            Finalize Christmas card list
9.            Purchase winter water line - use gift card
10.         Finalize Christmas gift list
11.          List items to sell on Etsy I hand stitched two embroidered items.
12.         List items to sell on eBay
13.         Make two gifts
14.         Sew, knit or crochet something Mended a shirt and started an embroidery project
15.         Family Movie Night Star Trek Generations & First Contact
16.         Try a new recipe Chinese Chicken & Cabbage
17.         Make labels to mail Christmas cards
18.         Make return address labels
19.         Vacuum & clean inside of truck I didn't do it because - gasp! - I didn't want too.
20.        Order girl's birthday gifts - Amazon
21.         Super clean & organize bathroom Took about 15 minutes!
22.        Make a batch of salsa Still need to do this.  I have everything I need gathered up.
23.        Make a batch of apple butter
24.        Take the girls out to lunch We went to breakfast instead.
25.        Write a letter to someone
26.        Send a greeting card to someone Sent four!
27.        Make soup from scratch
28.        Take the girls to the library
29.        Flush the holding tank
30.        Bake something delicious Brownies, banana bread & muffins 

In addition to the things on this list there were other things too, like getting the girls outfitted for Halloween, flushing the holding tank on our RV (eeew!), fixing a small leak where the awning attaches to the RV (new bolts, silicone and a friend with a ladder required), hunting up some supplemental income sources and of course the daily grind. 
 
Friends with ladders are a very good thing.
 
Although I didn’t get everything accomplished I am pretty darned happy with what I did.  Now what spectacular feats can I perform in November?

2 comments:

  1. nice job!! :-) a "to do" list with lines crossed through completed jobs for moms, is like a shirt full of gold stars for a youngin', huh? that's a GREAT feeling!
    my son has a 3 hour ortho appointment today......i think i'll spend some of that time making up a "before the end of the year" list of things that need done. i was wondering what i was going to do before i read your post, so thanks for the inspiration! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it! Hope your list making went well. I need to come up with another one I think. Take care!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...