Monday, November 25, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves

 
We had two birthdays to celebrate last week.  My darling girls turned 13 and 10.  I bought each one of them a Nintendo DS XL.  They have been sharing my son's old Nintendo Dsi Lite for several years and they've been really good about it too.  I felt like they have been such troopers in our tiny home venture and I wanted to get them something really special this year.  Needless to say they were both shocked and thrilled. 

The girls gave me their old Nintendo so I can play Virus Busters and Brain Age.  Once again the old game is being recycled. 

Because I had spent so much on the Nintendos I used a Walmart gift card to buy the extra items I needed for their birthday dinners and desserts.  I also bought a half a boneless ham with it. 

I used colored copy paper to wrap their gifts and ribbon I already had on hand. 

I had a really good week with my eBay sales.  I listed some more items to sell. 

I replaced my worn out blue jeans with a new pair on sale and purchased four new tops from a clearance rack.  The tops were each $7 or less.  I also bought a new pair of shoes on sale and a three pack of dress socks on clearance.  I will keep my worn out jeans to wear for grub work. 
 
I picked up another space heater at Walmart for $18.  Now that the weather is getting chillier we need extra heat in my bedroom and it is nice to use it in the bathroom when taking a bath or shower.  The oil filled radiator style heater is doing a great job and keeping the main portion of our living space warm and the bathroom well above freezing.  I just like a little extra heat in there when I step out of the shower because I'm a wimp. 

I clipped a lot of coupons from the Sunday paper and online this week. 

I watched a movie on Hulu.  We also watched TV on Hulu.  All for free. 

We stuck to our menu plan but I only had to make a few of the meals because of leftovers. 

We gave our kitchen scraps to the neighbors chickens.  We haven't had any to give them for awhile. 

I dropped off our shoebox filled with gifts at the credit union for Operation Christmas Child. 

I created and printed out new day planner pages for 2014 from my computer using Publisher. 

What thrifty accomplishment did you make last week?

8 comments:

  1. They must be so excited about their new Nintendo toys! My two oldest sons just bought their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are thrilled. I suppose now they'll want games for Christmas. :)

      Delete
  2. We have company and I am feeling too thrift- have bought many groceries and will some more before it is over. But that is OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time of year it is tough to stay thrifty. I tend to ease up and splurge a little more at the holidays. Enjoy your company!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to the girls!
    I had a good eBay week too, I sold 13 items which is great for me.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! I did too. Lucky number! ??? This week is looking pretty good so far. I wish you well this week.

      Delete
  4. Generally not so thrifty. Did most of my Christmas shopping and it can get expensive. The husband's gifts and then 9 nieces and nephews to buy for.

    I did find one amazing deal though on Amazon's lightning deals. It was a 36 can mega pack of Play-Doh for $9. I seen it on the list, but didn't think it would get that low. One of my nieces wanted Play-Doh for Christmas so I kept on eye on it to see what they were going to list it at, and when I seen that, it was so awesome! The cheapest Play-Doh I found in the store was $10 for 10 smaller cans, it was great. Good deals keep me excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful deal on the Play-Doh. Your niece is going to love it. This is a tough time of year to be thrifty for sure. I still have Christmas shopping to do. Eeek! I never go this late. I'm usually done by now.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...