Friday, November 22, 2013

My Grandma’s No-Crust Pumpkin Pie - Reposted


In the spirit of Thanksgiving I thought I'd repost this pie recipe.  I posted it  back in 2011.  Still a favorite and one I plan to make next week. 

I love this pie.  I especially love that it is lower in calories, although I don’t know how much lower, than traditional pumpkin pie.  If you are watching your waistline or looking for something a little less heavy for dessert after the big meal give this one a try. 


No-Crust Pumpkin Pie 

¾ c sugar
½ c biscuit or pancake mix
1½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 c pumpkin puree
1 13oz. can evaporated milk
2 Tbs. butter, melted
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs 

Combine all ingredients and blend well at low speed with your mixer.  Beat on high one minute.  Pour into a lightly greased 9” pie plate.  Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes until center is set. 

I love pumpkin so much that I make this pie year round.  And don’t forget the cool whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...