Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Christmas Cards Are Almost Ready To Go

 
Early this year I went through and gathered up all my Christmas cards and bundled up what was left over from previous years.  I had twenty.  I put a rubber band around them and tucked them into my stationery box that I was putting together in anticipation of our great move. 

Last month I went through my address book and updated all my addresses.  Then I went into my label template I had saved from last year and updated all of those addresses and I even added a few new people to the list.  At this time I also updated my return address labels and then I put actual labels in my printer and printed them. 

On a quiet afternoon in October I sat at my kitchen table and filled out my Christmas cards and put labels on all the envelopes so they were ready to go.  Once I was done I stacked up all my cards and put a fat rubber band around them.  I also put the pen I was using in under the band so I can use it later to add a more personal message to a card if I decide to do so.  That way the ink will match. 

Afterward I began to draft our 2013 annual Christmas letter.  For me this is a huge part of preparing to send out Christmas cards and it felt really good to have this done.  Next I will print out pictures that I want to send to certain people.  Then I will finish the letter and get it printed out as well. 

Christmas stamps are now available at the post office so I plan to pick up a book of those next time I'm there.  I always like to use Christmas stamps to mail out my cards.  I also like to put a holiday sticker of some sort on the back of the envelope.  I think it makes it more festive and special. 

I can't afford to give gifts to everyone I would like to give to.  But I do budget for Christmas cards and postage.  I think it is important to let people know they are important and mean something to us.  I also know how much I love to receive a card in the mail. 

A letter, whether it is an annual form letter or a personally penned one is nice to receive as well.  I think it is fun to hear about everyone's accomplishments and perceptions of how their year went.  Adding a snapshot or school picture is also a good idea.  I've even incorporated a photo collage printed on a separate sheet of paper into our Christmas letter. 

In a digital age filled with emails and texting I think it is really nice to get a letter or a card in the mail from time to time.  At the holidays I think it is especially nice.  No matter how broke we've been I've always managed to mail out Christmas cards and there have been a lot of homemade ones that have been sent.  My grandmother told me years ago she always liked those ones the best. 

Do you send out Christmas cards?

4 comments:

  1. Yes we send out Christmas cards. Like you I feel it is an important thing do. Some go to friends and family we see and have contact with often, others go to people we only have contact with at Christmas through those cards. It is nice to catch up with everyone. I am not as organized as you though!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is nice to get caught up with the ones you only hear from once a year. I have a few of those myself.

      Delete
  2. We don't do many Christmas cards. My grandma and my aunt gets one, and I try to get my husband to give them out to his workers since most people there gives him one and he's in a leadership position and I think it's a nice and personal thing for him to do. Beyond that, we don't give or get many. If I had family or friends I was close to that lived far off, I might send one, but all of my family and all of my in-laws live close and I have no friends to send one to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice that you are able to spend time with your loved ones. A lot of mine that live far away I miss. I'd rather see them in person. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...