Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Preparing For The Next Holiday - Valentine's Day

 


Right after Christmas I did a little bit of post Christmas clearance shopping which netted me some pretty good deals one of which was to buy some Toffifay candies.  My girls love these and I thought they would make really nice gifts for them at Valentines.  The best by date is far past February 14th too so no worries about giving them stale candy.  To spruce them up a bit I used some of my die cut hearts and placed them on the center of each one.

 

Simple & cute!

The weekend after Christmas I started making Valentine's Day cards.  I will be giving one to each of my girls and sending a few out to loved ones that live far away.  I really enjoy sending out cards and keeping in touch with friends and family.

 


I plan to make my heart shaped sugar cookies and dress them up with icing and red sprinkles to take to work and of course I'll have some for my daughters as well.  I love to bake and I don't do it very often now that I do keto, but it is nice every once in a great while to indulge a little.  I have plenty of items in the pantry leftover from the holidays so I won't need to purchase anything new.

 

These are fun to make! 😊

Before I owned a die cutter for card making I used to cut my own hearts out with a pairof scissors.  You certainly don't need anything fancy to make your own cards or some gift tags with.  I encourage you to give it a whirl if you feel so inclined.  It is easy to be thrifty and give a little something to those you care about.  Do you send or give Valentines cards or do anything special?

 

4 comments:

  1. I don't typically do anything, as the kids have activities at school. However, this year will be different (their are not in person yet), so I did buy a few different kind of treats, and treat bags. I'll package them up & give them to them (along with a bit of cash - their preferred gift right now) for Valentine's Day. Along with a card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have considered owning a die cutter until my hands became plagued with age-related arthritis! Love your cards and cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...