Wednesday, January 6, 2021

What's On The Menu? - Meal Plan #1

 


Last fall I started doing two week meal plans with nine meals per plan.  It worked out really well for us especially as the nine meals would actually last us closer to three weeks than just two.  Because of that I figured I'd just add on three more meals to the plan to see if I could make that work for an entire month and I'm testing that out this month.  I figure if we find we are running short on meals I can fill in with a breakfast for dinner one night or maybes a soup and sandwich night.  I'm hoping this idea will work out for us because it is super simple for me to come up with twelve meals at one time and map out a plan.

 

Thai Pork Basil Soup

Along with the twelve meals I've also made a list of breakfast foods I can make as well as snacks and even a couple dessert ideas.  All of the menus are based off of items I already have in my pantry and freezers so the vast majority of what I will need to make these meals is on hand.  I'll have to get some fresh dairy and produce items to complete the menu, but that is pretty typical of the way I meal plan.  Here is what I have come up with:

 

Thai Basil Pork 

Asian Chicken Salad

Sirloin Steaks

Chicken Tacos

Sloppy Joes

Chicken Vegetable Soup

Pizza (Keto Pizza Bake)

Hamburgers

Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich

LoMein (Keto Stir Fry)

Chili Cheese Omelets

Crack Chicken

 

My daughter eats rice and pasta, mostly rice noodles, so side dishes will included those for her while I will stick to keto versions of what is on the menu.  Definitely lots of vegetables and fresh green salads to go with everything.  I am boosting our vegetable consumption this year.

 


Snacks include raw veggies & dip, cheese sticks, fresh fruit & nuts.  I plan to bake cookies for my daughter and might do a keto cookie too for myself.  Breakfasts include muffins or banana bread, eggs, oatmeal or cereal, waffles (keto waffles) and bacon.

 


For our first meal plan of 2021 I think it all sound pretty tasty and very manageable.  I should be able to get dinner on the table with little effort which is perfect for me on a busy work week.  A lot of this can be prepped ahead as well.

 

Keto friendly flourless peanut butter cookies

What delicious meals are on your menu plan?

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying something similar this month - a monthly vs weekly menu plan. I'm trying to balance what we have in the freezer, know how many meals it takes to feed us (vs leftovers), stay on top of keto/non keto options to ensure my husband always has an option, and reduce cost/waste.

    Fingers crossed that this works well for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week: big taco salads with shredded beef from the freezer x2. Peanut sauce noodles with sauted' broccoli, zucchini and crookneck squash. I'm flying solo for 4 days. Last week I made a big pot of turkey chili (beans from scratch) and used my freezer garden ratatouille for the tomato base. Love my chili and filled with veggie goodness.

    Haven't decided yet on meals past Saturday :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...