Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Grilled Cheese Pizza Sandwich

 


Amazing what you can come up with when you have a little bit of this and that leftover in the fridge.  One day we had a dab of spaghetti sauce left and some pepperoni slices.  I found a few sliced of Provolone cheese too.  Not enough to do much with until but it did make us want a pizza.  Then I thought, why not make a grilled cheese sandwich.  A pizza sandwich!

 


My daughter thought I was weird, but we decided to give it a try.  I smeared two pieces of bread with the sauce and laid out the slices of pepperoni and a slice of Provolone on it.  Then assembled the sandwich and buttered the outside of the bread.  Once it was grilled she gave it a try and declared it a winner.

 

Yummy, yummy, yummy!

I went ahead and made myself one using Keto bread and guess what?  I loved it.  So now we have a new sandwich to add to our repertoire and it’s a good one.  A fun one for us to come up with too.  Have you ever done anything like this before?

 

 

4 comments:

  1. We call those pizza grilled cheese and it makes a regular rotation here about once every 2 months or so when I need a change up for Friday night pizza night. I always serve extra pizza sauce on the side for those that want to dip their sandwiches in sauce. My kiddos love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've done a slice of bacon fried up, put diagonally inside the sandwich on top of the cheese -- then the whole shebang gets fried in bacon grease. That's good, too!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...