Thursday, January 9, 2014

Layered Enchiladas


I am not very good at making traditional enchiladas.  I've tried numerous times and one of my aunts even tried to teach me.  She is very good at it.  Still I struggled to the point that, although I love enchiladas, I stopped trying to make them.  Then I got an idea after making lasagna one day to do my enchiladas the same way.  Not only was it successful but I enjoyed making them once again.

Layered Enchiladas

1 pound ground lean beef, pork or turkey
1 small onion, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 15oz. can tomato sauce
1 packet enchilada seasoning
1/4 cup water
12 corn tortilla shells
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
Sour cream (optional)
Sliced black olives (optional)
Sliced jalapenos (optional)
Salsa (optional)

In a large pan over medium heat brown meat with that onions and pepper, add tomato sauce and seasoning packet.  Stir thoroughly to combine, simmer 20 minutes. Spoon a small amount of meat mixture into the bottom a two quart casserole dish top with 4 tortillas, one third meat mixture and one third of the cheese.  Repeat again twice.  Cover and bake in microwave for 8 to 10 minutes.

Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream, sliced olives, jalapenos, and salsa as desired.


Quick, easy, and for me far less frustrating.  Perfect to take for a potluck supper as well.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with Carla, that looks yummy!! I might just have to make that soon.

    BTW did you receive my email? If not let me know and I will try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty darn good and way easy. Yes, I did get your email and responded. Thank you!!!!!!!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...