Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Meal Plan

This month I thought it would be fun to put a little spin on the normal menu plan and do some theme weeks.  This is what I came up with: 


·         Chili Con Carne & Cornbread
·         Clam Chowder & Biscuits
·         Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
·         Chicken& Dumplings
·         Taco Soup
·         Cream Of Asparagus Soup & Tuna Sandwiches 

MeatLess Meals Week: 

·         Broccoli Lasagna
·         Refried Beans & Seasoned Rice
·         Cheese Omelet
·         Bean & Cheese Burritos
·         Minestrone Soup
·         Waffles & Scrambled Eggs 

Casserole Week: 

·         Scalloped Potatoes & Ham
·         Macaroni& Cheese
·         Creamy Chicken & Rice
·         SopaSeca
·         Tater Tot Casserole
·         Sausage Egg Bake 

Mexico & Italy Week: 

·         Beef Enchiladas
·         Chicken Pesto Pasta
·         Tacos
·         Pasta Marinara
·         Taco Salad
·         Nachos 

As a family we love soup so a week of eating some of our favorites is exciting to us.  I also thought this might help us to make up some of our favorites that we often forget about.  If it turns out successfully I may do this a couple more times this year. 

I also decided to make Saturday our Leftover Buffet night as a way to use up leftovers and give me a bit of a break in the kitchen.  I started doing this last summer when I was doing weekly menu planning and it has worked out really nice.  I may not get everything made depending on how the leftovers work out but I'm sure we will eat very well. 

Do you menu plan or just fly by the seat of your pants when it comes to getting dinner on the table?

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! Love your themes!! I just go by what's in the freezer & hopefully meals my hubby & kids will ALL eat! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...