Friday, January 17, 2014

The Thorn In My Side


My workspace has been a constant thorn in my side since we moved into our tiny home.  At first I tried a stacked organizer but it was so big and wasn't helping me a whole lot so I condensed things down further and got rid of it.

Trying to keep everything tucked into my dayplanner was a great idea but not entirely feasible either.  A lot of what I have isn't conducive to tucking, but it was a start.  I moved things, I stacked, restacked and shuffled myself crazy.  Don't even get me started on when it came to finding what I needed.  Shuffle, shuffle, stack, stack.

My frustration with my home office only served to escalate when company came over.  For one thing my mess took up an entire seat and a quarter of our table, sometimes more.  Not to mention it was a complete eyesore.  Clearing the space so someone could sit down was a bit cumbersome as well.



Sometimes the best solution is also the simplest.  I put away the things that had homes other than my work area, tossed out the trash and then pulled an empty bin out of the back of my pickup.  Once again this old bin is getting put to use.  Corralling my home office.  I was able to neatly tuck all my things inside and when company shows up all I have to do is pick it up and put it on my bed until they leave.

Brilliant!

My stuff no longer slides onto the floor, gets mixed up or looks like a small disaster area.  It now looks like I know what I'm doing.  I still don't but that's a secret just between you and me.  J

And the next time the kids ask where the phone charger is I can actually just hand it to them rather than untangling  it from around several papers, a pair of scissors, one of the cats and my left leg.
 
This I can live with!
Oh what a relief.  Now when I sit down to work I feel like I can breathe and when it is time to eat it all I have to do is close my laptop and get busy setting the table.  Ahhhhhhhh. 

Does clutter and chaos drive you crazy too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...