I think making lists and having goals is very important. It helps me immensely to be more efficient and productive. This year I've decided to try something a little bit different. For one thing I want to scale down the size of my lists by half. Last year we accomplished a ton of stuff and now that things are much more manageable around here a shorter list should do just fine.
This is what I have planned for this month:
1. Purge, organize & put away Christmas décor & wrapping supplies
2. Send a card or letter to someone
3. Family Nite Out or Outing
4. Be creative - sew or craft something
5. Do some investment cooking
6. Complete a small home improvement project
7. Spring clean both bathrooms
8. Wash all the mirrors
9. Create a new menu plan for February
10. Make or bake something to share
11. Purchase a small Valentines gift for my girls
12. Enjoy a Family Movie Nite or Family Game Nite!
13. Organize and update important paperwork
14. Begin compiling information for filing 2015 tax return
15. Invite guests over for a visit or dinner
Although this list is much smaller I'm sure I will still be productive and manage to accomplish quite a bit each month.
This is how I did last month with my much longer list:
Count my blessings
Go to the $$ Store
Send a letter or card to someone
Family Game Nite! We played
the Wii and had a bowling night
Invite guests over for a visit or dinner
6. Make goodie plates to give our friends and neighbors I kind of fizzled out at this point.
Sew or craft something
Make a monthly meal plan for January
Make a menu for Valentine's Day Spicy Romano Chicken &
Pasta with homemade French bread. YUM!
Try a new recipe
Read a book or write
Family Movie Nite!
Family outing We walked the neighborhood on Christmas Eve and looked at lights.
Put away Fall décor
Decorate for Christmas
Mail Christmas cards and letters
Finish wrapping Christmas gifts
Shop for stocking stuffers
Bake and decorate cookies with my girls
Make Thank You cards
I bought a package of 8 really cute ones at the $
23. Complete a $5 or $10 home improvement project I thought about this a lot but honestly, with all the other stuff I did I was totally fine skipping this one.
24. Clean gutters The freezing weather meant everything in there was stuck. Next warm day we are on it.
25. Prune a tree
Family Nite Out! We went out to dinner at a restaurant we had never been to.
Make a new day planner for 2016
Spring clean my desk and sewing area I did a lot of sewing and it
was needed. I gave my desk to my
youngest so it got a thorough clean as well.
Make suet cakes for the chickens
Take some time for myself
Do you find you get more done with a list? What are some of the things you have in mind for this month?