Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My January Meal Plan


A brand new year and a plan filled with delicious dinner ideas to get us started.  I designed this month's plan based on the items I already have in our freezer and pantry.  I will shop a few times throughout the month for fresh produce and dairy to finish off and round out each meal.

Lots of healthy salads

As the budget allows I will plan to purchase loss leader items and take advantage of any good sales to further add to our supplies.  Whenever possible I hope to pair coupons with those items too.  My goal this year is to spend as little as I can on each item I buy.

Is there anything better than a fresh loaf of homemade bread?

This is what I plan to feed my family this month:

Chicken Tortilla Soup, Cornbread, Tossed Green Salad
Baked Ham, Baked Potatoes, Steamed Mixed Vegetables
Pork Fried Rice, Tossed Green Salad
Tomatoes & Basil Pasta, Tossed Green Salad
Ham & Cheese Quiche, Fruit Salad
Split Pea Soup, Whole Wheat Bread, Tossed Green Salad
Roasted Chicken & Vegetables, Pea Salad
Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich, Potato Chips, Veggies & Dip
French Toast, Sausage Patties, Fresh Fruit
Pepperoni Pizza, Caesar Salad
Italian Black Bean Soup, French Bread, Tossed Green Salad
Meat Loaf, Scalloped Potatoes, Buttered Carrots
Linguine & Meat Sauce, Spinach Salad
Scrambled Eggs, Biscuits& Gravy, Orange Slices
Vegetable Beef Soup, Buttermilk Biscuits, Tossed Green Salad
Vegetable Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Caesar Salad
Chicken Tacos, Lettuce, Cheese, Salsa
Cheese Omelets w/ Onions & Peppers, Fruit
Sausage Pizza, Tossed Green Salad
Broccoli Cheese Soup, WholeWheat Dinner Rolls, Tossed Green Salad
Pork Verde, Steamed Rice, Garden Salad, Olives

French Toast
We love having breakfast for dinner.

There are a lot of salads on this plan and that is because we eat a lot of salad in this house.  We use a variety of vegetables and different salad dressings to keep them interesting so we aren't eating the same salad day in and day out.

For homemade pizza

My meal plan also includes that I make pretty much everything from scratch.  Knowing what ingredients are in our food is important to me.  It also makes a huge difference in the cost of each meal.

Split Pea Soup

Are you a meal planner?  Whether you are or not, what are some of your favorites dinners to prepare for your family?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...