Monday, February 8, 2016

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


I printed 6 coupons from the internet for cat food, mustard and dish soap.  The cat food coupon couldn't have come at a better time as it is for the more expensive special diet food Old Man kitty needs.  I used scrap paper to print them on.


Over the weekend I repaired our kitchen backsplash.  I had all the supplies already on hand and with a little ingenuity managed to get it done.  It looks so much nicer now. J

Not a bad haul for $46!

Monday, while youngest was at Honor Orchestra rehearsal, the oldest and I went to a nearby Fred Meyer to fuel up the car and get our grocery shopping done as it looked like pretty much our only open window of opportunity last week.  Use my rewards card fuel points and save an extra 10¢ a gallon.  Then we went inside and primarily loaded up on produce and dairy.


On the way home we stopped off at the high school for orientation night and then home for a quick supper of leftovers.  Thank goodness for leftovers.

Tuesday it was another quick supper of leftovers and then back to the university to drop the oldest off at her robotics team workshop.  Youngest and I went to Cash & Carry for a 25# bag of all purpose flour.  Then to the library to until it was time to pick up the oldest.  We dropped off and checked out more books to read.


Wednesday was an evening spent out to dinner with my girlfriends.  Finally some me time!

Thursday we were back at the high school for my oldest's band concert.  We always enjoy an evening of music and look forward to the girl's concerts and performances.  It was a lot of fun.


I ordered new ink cartridges, one tri-color and one black XL, for our printer from eBay.  Including shipping they both came in under $36!  I was pretty dang happy about that.

I did a Fred Meyer store survey to earn 50 bonus rewards points towards fuel discounts.

Saturday evening we enjoyed Family Movie Nite with bowls of homemade vanilla ice cream.  We watched Grease and Radio.


I washed out several gallon and quart size Ziploc bags to reuse.

I composted coffee grounds, tea bags, egg shells, onion and garlic skins.  I was pretty thrifty last week with kitchen scraps.  The only thing the chickens got were apple cores.  Poor girls.  They still managed to bless us with 14 beautiful brown eggs.

How was your thrifty week?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...