Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Drawstring Dish Towel Bags For Our Mess Kits!


I am super excited about this project simply because I got to do it with my daughters.  A friend mentioned these to me and after describing them I figured I could probably pull this one off. 

It is so easy!


Thrifty too.  I used wide grosgrain ribbon I saved from a set of wash cloths I'd bought a couple months ago and another one that was tied around a fleece throw my daughter received as a gift.  I just knew I'd find a use for them.

I also used dish towels from the dollar store and drawstrings I had in my sewing stash from the big bag of stuff I bought at a thrift store a few years ago.


We stitched the grosgrain ribbon along the inside of both hems of each towel to make a casing for the drawstring.



Then with right sides together we stitched along the sides before running the drawstring through with a safety pin.  After clipping threads we trimmed the ends of each casing with pinking shears and tied the ends of the drawstrings together with a nice fat knot.



Last, but certainly not least, we turned them right side out stuffed our mess kits inside and pulled the drawstring closed.  Violá!



Nice, neat little packages to store them in.  Completely washable and cute as heck too!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...