Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Drawstring Dish Towel Bags For Our Mess Kits!


I am super excited about this project simply because I got to do it with my daughters.  A friend mentioned these to me and after describing them I figured I could probably pull this one off. 

It is so easy!


Thrifty too.  I used wide grosgrain ribbon I saved from a set of wash cloths I'd bought a couple months ago and another one that was tied around a fleece throw my daughter received as a gift.  I just knew I'd find a use for them.

I also used dish towels from the dollar store and drawstrings I had in my sewing stash from the big bag of stuff I bought at a thrift store a few years ago.


We stitched the grosgrain ribbon along the inside of both hems of each towel to make a casing for the drawstring.



Then with right sides together we stitched along the sides before running the drawstring through with a safety pin.  After clipping threads we trimmed the ends of each casing with pinking shears and tied the ends of the drawstrings together with a nice fat knot.



Last, but certainly not least, we turned them right side out stuffed our mess kits inside and pulled the drawstring closed.  Viol√°!



Nice, neat little packages to store them in.  Completely washable and cute as heck too!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: I had to turn on Comment Moderation because I was getting bombarded with spam. I know it can be a pain in the butt. I hope you will still comment. Sorry folks, the spammers are relentless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...