Wednesday, June 22, 2016

My New Favorite Breakfast

Granola with almonds, peaches, vanilla yogurt, raspberries

Lately this has been my breakfast each morning.  I just can't seem to get enough of it and it sticks with me until lunchtime.  With all the varieties available too, I've yet to get bored.

I grab my cereal bowl and add any combination:

All Bran (for added fiber)
Fresh, frozen or canned fruit

Just awhile ago I had put up some raspberries, blueberries and sliced strawberries in the freezer.  I had spread them out on trays and frozen them before putting them in freezer bags.  This way they froze separately instead of in a big clump.  I just take out what I need and put the bag back in the freezer.

Granola with cinnamon, dried fruit and pecans,
All Bran, peaches, vanilla yogurt

I've been buying half gallons of milk at Fred Meyer for 79¢ each.  I used one to make yogurt with a little bit of sugar and some vanilla.  You can't get thriftier than that for low cost yogurt.  And it is so delicious!

I started with a peach half and about a cup of yogurt.  Then added 2 Tbs. of All bran, 3 Tbs. of granola and a few berries.  The combination is just delicious and perfect for a quick summer breakfast.  Totally portable too.  I just put the granola and All bran in a separate container and add it when I get ready to eat.

Think you'll give this one a try?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...