Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Lasagna Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms



I've made these before last summer and they were wonderful so you can imagine how happy I was to make them again because they just happen to work with my keto diet.  Whether you or dieting or not, if you like mushrooms this recipe is for you.

Lasagna Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

6 Portobello mushrooms
1 lb ground turkey, beef, pork or Italian sausage
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 lb cottage cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Parmesan


Remove the stems and use a table spoon to scrape out the fins.  Rinse, pat dry and arrange in a large baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray.  In a skillet brown the meat, skim off any fat and stir in the spaghetti sauce.  Allow to simmer 15 minutes.




Spread two tablespoons of cottage cheese in bottom of each mushroom.  Top with two tablespoons of meat sauce.  Top with cheese.


Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 30 minutes until mushrooms are tender and cheese begins to brown.  Remove from oven and top with parmesan cheese.

Serves 6

I made a half recipe for us as I had only purchased a three pack of mushrooms so you can always do that  You can also use larger button or crimini mushrooms.


Another thing I like to do if I don't have mushrooms is make a Lasagna Bake.  I use my individual mini Pyrex and Corning Ware casserole dishes and put in a layer of meat sauce, then the cottage cheese, another layer of meat sauce and top with cheese.  I "bake" these in my microwave for 5 minutes just to heat it all through and melt the cheese.  Super easy, very tasty and fairly thrifty too.




14 comments:

  1. I'm drooling. I love both mushrooms and lasagna. This looks and sounds absolutely delicious! I'm adding it to my menu for next week. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! These look delicious.... I started low carbing again yesterday, so I'm really paying attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your blog each day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, that looks awesome! I could use TVP in place of meat. My husband sometimes grills these with pesto, cheese and a slice of tomato. I will definitely be looking for a mushroom Sale!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMmmmmm...this is a definite "try me now" recipe! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...