Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Sunday morning I woke up to rain as well as peace and quiet.  So I settled in with a hot cup of coffee and spent my morning relishing the silence and getting caught up on some writing.  I really love my quiet Sunday mornings.

Around 9:30 that morning it really poured for nearly an hour and everything was drenched.  We had omelets for breakfast and then settled in to watch movies and DVDs from our own collection.

Monday was one of those days I don't really care for with back to back events scheduled.  My youngest had her school physical at 5:45 for next year and my oldest had an awards ceremony where she was recognized for being on the honor roll.  Fortunately both events were at the high school.  We arrived at 5:30 and didn't make it home until 9:00 making for a long evening mostly spent standing in lines.  Next time the young one needs her school physical it will be at the doctor's office.  Three hours is much too long to spend, in my opinion.


Tuesday evening the oldest and I attended a college fair for Northwestern, SWU, NYU, Tulane and George Washington universities.  It was good to see her get excited and I realized my summer is going to be spent filling out a lot of forms to get ready for the application process.  The time has come.

My oldest played with the band at their high school's graduation Wednesday night.  Hard to believe, but one year from now she will be the one graduating.  Where does the time go?

After the first half of the week things slowed down quite a bit and life was much calmer as we edged toward a much anticipated three day weekend.  Of course I had a long list of things I hoped to get done, but no pressure to complete it all.  I wanted it to be restful, as well as productive.


Last week I spent quite a bit of time working on a project I had originally planned to start during the winter, but didn't.  Finally, on Sunday, I got it started.  The Photo Project!  That big box of photos that has been staring at me since last fall (and the main reason I set up the project table in my living room) is starting to see some action.  It is going to be a big job, but I can do this!  One chunk at a time.

Despite the rain showers off and on we made some more progress on our garden and in our yard.  Again, no complaints about the weather as our lawn is looking great and so are our new flowerbeds.  Win!

How was your thrifty week?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...