Friday, May 4, 2018

Meal Planning - Keto Style



I can tell you that meal planning lately has been a bit challenging.  Since going keto I'm finding my greatest challenge is simply coming up with ideas so I don't get stuck in a rut.  So here is what I've been doing. 
  • I watch Youtube videos to see what other people are eating and check out keto blogs.  One of my favorite Youtubers is Keto Connect and they have a blog too. 
  • I brainstorm.  I'll sit with a piece of paper on my desk at work and every time an idea pops in my head I jot it down.  Sometime a lot come at once and sometimes it is only one or two, but they're ideas.  And once I've written them down I'm less apt to forget. 
  • I look up keto recipes and ecookbooks online.  There are loads of ideas and ebooks available.  I find them simply by Googling "keto recipes" or "keto cookbook".
  • I look at some of our old menu plans and try to figure out ways to make them keto.  I find that to be a lot of fun, quite frankly.  It is also nice as I can make a keto version for me and still make a regular version for the kids if I want.

Some days I'm really stumped for ideas, but most of the time I find I can figure out something.  So far I'm not bored with my meal choices as I first thought I would.  You just have to do a lot more thinking about it, I find.  I'm sure as time goes on it will come more easily.

I am always open to new ideas so if any of you out there have some PLEASE share with me.  I'd love to feature some of your recipes on the blog too!  Let's see what we can come up with!




4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize but I bookmarked a recipe from the keto connect blog for easy cashew chicken which even my dh loves. I use pork tenderloin sliced thin and lb.covers two dinners and usually two lunches for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that recipe yet, but I'm going to! Glad to her you liked it.

      Delete
  2. I hear you!!! I've lost 10 lbs but I'm tired of eating the same old thing. My sweet treat is cottage cheese with SF strawberry jam...makes me think of cheesecake. We eat a lot of egg roll in a bowl and chili. *sigh* lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make my cheesecake a lot as my sweet treat. Now that it is warmer I'm going to be doing a lot more dinner salads I think. And fish! Love salmon. :) Congrats on the 10# weight loss. Whooo hooo!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...