Along with some of my bigger projects, like kitchen updates and painting cabinets and walls, the smaller projects that have needed my attention were beginning to pile up around here. You know how those little things will just sit there and stare at you until you finally do something about it? So I decided to spend an afternoon to tackle those and get them off my plate.
First up was the cabinet organizer I'd been moving around from place to place ever since we remodeled the kitchen cabinet. I'm pretty sure I'd moved it at least two dozen times by that point so I decided to find it a new home or else get rid of it. In less than two minutes I installed it on the cabinet door under the kitchen sink where it now holds all of my scrub sponges and magic erasers.
Then it was the mending pile that was stacking up on top of my sewing table. First thing, I stitched the loose button back onto my youngest's "new" winter coat.
Then I repaired a hole in my oldest's workout top and another one in one of her favorite sweaters. Lastly I fixed the broken strap on one of her camisoles.
I cut the legs off of a pair of my oldest's blue jeans that were wearing out at the knees and hemmed them. She now has another pair of shorts for summer.
Then! I got to do the one projects I've been itching to do for quite some time. I got out the piece of fabric I bought (I think I bought it three years ago) at Hobby Lobby and I finally got the new valance sewn for my kitchen window! I was so happy to get to make that valance and hang it up on the window.
I reused one of the curtain rods I'd removed from Laverne when I started the "bedroom" remodel as I have different plans for window coverings up there. It took me less than an hour and I was all done. Love how nice this looks instead of just the plain white mini blind.
And of course I had to give that mini blind a bath and scrub it up. I couldn't put up a dirty mini blind after all the cleaning and painting I'd been doing so I hauled it upstairs to the bathtub, sprayed it down with my Mean Green cleaner and then used a rag to wipe all the slats and give it a good rinse. I hung it up outside to dry and an hour later it was back up in place.
|I found these salt & pepper shakers at a thrift store|
It felt so good to have all of these things completed. Now onto the next project!