Thursday, August 23, 2018

Meet Miss Daisy



Isn't she cute?

For the longest time my youngest has wanted a bunny.  She babysat and did chores to save up the money to not only get the bunny, but to buy all of the supplies she would need to take care of her as well.  She also did a ton of research on bunnies and learned as much about them as she could.


We had looked at bunnies at the feed store, in fact every time we went in there for feed and peeps we looked at bunnies.  She had also checked out the website for the Humane Society as they often will get them there too.

Laying around being all cute

A few weeks ago she found a bunny rescue organization.  I could tell she was really ready to take the plunge and get her bunny and that she had found one on the rescue website that she was very much interested in.  A calico colored mini lop.

She loves her treats

She was at a foster home in Eagle, Idaho so we made the drive over to see her and that was all it took.  My youngest was in love and it seemed this bunny was pretty happy with her as well.  So she adopted her and paid the fee.  The foster lady even gave her enough food for a week, plus a brand new bag of rabbit pellets.  With that we tucked her into our cat carrier and brought her home.

Daisy's condo

It took only a day for this little girl to make herself right at home.  My daughter had taken our large dog crate, scrubbed it clean and sanitized it.  Then she set it up in her bedroom with one of her fleece blankets in the bottom.  I gave her an old storage container I had in the garage to use for a litter pan.  We picked up a couple items at Dollar Tree.  Baby toys to keep her entertained and a couple bowls for her food pellets and water.

Check out that cute little bunny butt

My youngest takes care of all of our animals.  She feeds and waters our chickens every day as well as our kitties.  That is her daily chore.  She also helps me out a ton when it comes to projects around the house.  She loves to work on projects, especially if they involve tools.  Chip off the old block, I'd say.  So when we went to the feed store last week to pick up a bale of Timothy hay and some wood litter pellets I told her to put her money away and I'd take care of it.  She had earned it and I was proud of her for taking on all that responsibility as well as saving up the money to adopt this little bunny.

Two very happy girls

She has named her Daisy and I think it is a name that certainly suits her.  She is very sweet and super soft.  We love to hold her and watch her hop about and play.  She loves to jump up on my daughter's bed and snuggle with her in the mornings.  They are really cute together.  At long last she has her bunny and I couldn't be happier for her.




24 comments:

  1. What a cute bunny and happy daughter and proud mom!

    - Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that last pic just radiates happiness and utter contentment--from both of them! So, so cute! Looks like Daisy and your daughter are a love match. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. Especially the last picture of her with Daisy. My son did the same thing when he wanted a ferret many years ago. Saved up all the money for one, shots, cage, etc... He had Randall many years. Take care and enjoy Miss Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal. We will! Randall is an awesome name for a ferret!

      Delete
  4. I think my daughter (who is sitting next to me, eating lunch) summed it up perfectly: "Awww, that's a cute picture. Let's look at it forever." What a sweet bunny! Your daughter looks so happy and proud, as well she should be. I'm so happy that she went for the bunny who needed a home, too. (I have a friend that fostered bunnies for a long time and I used to love her photos. At times, she'd have up to six of them and the pictures were hilarious and adorable.)

    Enjoy that new family member! Welcome, Daisy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both too adorable!

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a cutie, both of them. I am afraid of rabbits after being kicked by several. Are you going to toilet train her so she can have the run of the house most of the time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last photo says it all! Couldn't find a cuter pair if I tried...congratulations on raising such a fine daughter...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable!
    I must ask - what do the kitties think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they think she is an odd looking cat. For the most part they just ignore her. They don't bother her at all.

      Delete
  9. That bunny is so cute - it almost looks like a stuffed animal! I am so glad she was able to get her - look how happy she looks. You are a good mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Candace. She is so in love with that little bunny.

      Delete
  10. Very sweet picture of your darling daughter and her bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awh, so cute!!! Congrats to your daughter.

    Enjoy your new addition to the family. Janie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daisy is a lucky girl to get to live with you girls! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...