Wednesday, June 12, 2019

I've Been Blessed



After sharing some really sad news with you yesterday I felt it was only right to share some good news too.  As many of you know one of us had a medical crisis last month.  Some of you thought it might be me, but it is actually my youngest daughter who became ill.  She is doing well and it will be a while before we know if her current plan of treatment is working.  She doesn't want anyone to know about the details as she is shy and extremely private about things so I am trying to be respectful of her wishes.


That all being said the bills, which included a trip to the emergency room, have now come in.  Just under our deductible so other than the usual and customary write offs I'm on the hook for these bills.  Initially my thought was that they should be ashamed of themselves for what they charge, but on the flip side my daughter received phenomenal care.


I do plan to negotiate with the hospital on a reduction, but the really good news is that my boss has offered me the opportunity to work some overtime, quite a bit actually, through the middle of July.  I may be able to earn enough between now and then to pay off most of it.  That means I won't need to deplete our emergency fund and it can remain there in case we encounter more medical bill, which is quite likely.  Fingers crossed and praying they won't be too much.


So good news and a tremendous blessing.  Prayer works and I'm incredibly grateful to have this wonderful opportunity handed to me.  I am so appreciative, you have no idea.  You all have been wonderful as well with all your prayers and well wishes and I thank you from the depths of my heart.  Things always seem to have a way of working out, don't they?



10 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you have this opportunity as I know it takes a lot of stress off of you at a time when you just want to focus on your daughter. I pray that the treatment will work and that she will recuperate well. I am hoping/praying it isn't a chronic condition. Hopefully she can get some needed rest so she can heal while school is out this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled. She is doing well and we are hopeful it isn't chronic, but her condition usually is so dang it. This kid has been through a lot in her little life and I just hate it for her.

      Delete
  2. Because I live in Canada I am always horrified to hear of medical bills, our medical care is free here. Our daughter had huge medical issues (11 surgeries by the time she was 8) but is problem free now...I wish your daughter a speedy recovery and I hope you can talk the hospital into a reduction - a BIG one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about to make that call. Her bills have come in and I'm hopeful they will cut me a break. I wish we were a little bit more like Canada with our healthcare. It is nuts here.

      Delete
  3. Medical bills are astronomical. Last year my husband had a kidney stone. The hospital bilked his insurance just under 10 thousand and he may have been there 4 hours max!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hate hearing things like that. How on earth can they justify that kind of expense? It is terrible.

      Delete
  4. Medical care is so expensive these days even with insurance. I hope you are able to get a reduction in your bill. Best wishes and prayers for your daughter and you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm praying for that as well Angela. Thank you very much.

      Delete
  5. Prayers do work. I will say one for your daughter.

    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...