Monday, June 24, 2019

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Sunday morning I was up bright and early and headed off to run a few errands.  First stop was to drop off our glass recycling in the big bin at our neighborhood Albertson's before going in to pick up groceries.  All items I bought were on sale or markdown so I was able to keep my spending low on my second shopping trip of the month.


With groceries in the truck I was off to Home Depot with gift card in hand to pick up three rails for our fence post project.  Once home I put away the groceries and puttered around the house a little bit before fixing a delicious Sunday brunch of Keto blueberry waffles and sausage links.


It was Father's day and my girls surprised me with the biggest card I have ever received as well as some really nice little gifts.  After breakfast we headed outside to finish putting our fence back together.  We grilled T-bone steaks on our charcoal BBQ and I have to tell you we are seriously enjoying having that out on our deck along with the grilling station which is ever so handy.  The girls made the day extra special for me and I really appreciated it.


Monday I pulled a ginormous pot roast out of the deep freeze and let it thaw in the refrigerator.  Wednesday morning I seasoned it and put it in my largest slow cooker to cook all day.  We enjoyed roast beef several times throughout the week.


My youngest had dance team camp on Monday and Tuesday.  My oldest dropped her off in the mornings and I picked her up after work which worked out wonderfully.  The rest of the week was pretty quiet and I was able to go home from work each night and relax.  That was really nice!

My Sunday grocery haul

Saturday my oldest didn't have to work and we didn't have any plans except to do chores.  Instead, we packed a picnic lunch, jumped in the car and spent the entire day having fun.  I will share more about that with you all tomorrow.  Sometimes you just need to seize the day and make it your own.


I worked a small amount of overtime, every little bit helps.

We watched more movies my daughter checked out from the library.

I washed out a couple two gallon Ziploc bags to reuse.


Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors, cleaned sink & toilet.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed floor, wiped down table & chairs.

Kitchen -  vacuumed floor, cleaned microwave and appliances.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  My oldest cleaned the bathroom.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - only two loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry, Swept front porch.

How was your thrifty week?



6 comments:

  1. You've got great kids! I know you know that...what a lovely recognition of all you do for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the sweetest gifts from your girls! And what a beautiful photo of the 2 of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily. I do love that picture of them. :0)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...