Thursday, June 27, 2019

My Grocery Budget 2019 - March Update



I didn't do a whole lot of grocery shopping in April and May which is evidenced by my pantry and freezers right now.  But I'm totally okay with it.  To be honest my pantry was overloaded and both freezers were incredibly full.  With a chest freezer in our garage in need of defrosting we needed to use up what we already had in order to make that happen this summer.  I'm hoping to defrost over the 4th of July weekend and it looks like it just may work out.  It is getting thin in there.

My first shop of the month was a pretty good sized one

This month I did two big shops.  One at the beginning of the month and one at the halfway point.  That was more than enough too.  You will notice from my list that I bought a lot of meat and mostly produce and a little dairy.  Prices on meat this month were pretty darn good and I took advantage of a markdown bin at Albertsons mid-month that had a lot of really nice selections in it.

Plenty of fresh produce

The only nonfood items I purchased this month was a bag of cat food and a jug of fabric softener from the dollar store.  That total came in at $9.99 out of my $25 nonfood budget so plenty leftover.

Meat & cheese

Not surprising, my total was slightly higher than what I typically try to shoot for, but not bad either considering I stocked up on some meat and it will carry us into the next month with no problem.  Here is the food I bought this month:
   
More meats, some shrimp & cheese


Groceries
 $$$
Bratwurst patties
           2.97
Wal-Mart

Angus patties - 15ct
         15.68
Wal-Mart

NY Strip steak
         12.36
Wal-Mart

Ribeye steak
         14.53
Wal-Mart

Breakfast sausage links
           2.97
Wal-Mart

Italian sausages
           3.28
Wal-Mart

Shrimp
           5.99
Wal-Mart

Meatballs
           5.65
Wal-Mart

Cheese slices
           3.33
Wal-Mart

Colby Jack
           2.79
Wal-Mart

Cream (2)
           6.76
Wal-Mart

Yogurt (2)
           7.06
Wal-Mart

Yogurt (2)
           3.96
Wal-Mart

Lettuce (2)
           1.96
Wal-Mart

Coleslaw mix
           1.49
Wal-Mart

Cucumber
           0.62
Wal-Mart

Avocados (2)
           2.58
Wal-Mart

Carrots
           0.99
Wal-Mart

Chiles adobo
           0.98
Wal-Mart

Canned tomatoes
           0.45
Wal-Mart

Salsa
           0.98
Wal-Mart

Apple juice (2)
           1.98
Digital Coupon
Albertsons

Grapes
           1.89
Sale
Albertsons

Asparagus
           1.91
Sale
Albertsons

Bananas
           0.83
Albertsons

T-bone steaks
         22.82
Sale
Albertsons

Breakfast sausage links
           2.99
Sale
Albertsons

Steak
           5.24
Markdown
Albertsons

Steak
           6.35
Markdown
Albertsons

Steak
           5.69
Markdown
Albertsons

Pork loin roast
           3.38
Markdown
Albertsons

Cream (2)
           6.76
Wal-Mart

Pudding (4)
           2.00
Wal-Mart

Lettuce
           0.98
Wal-Mart

Total
       160.20

My second shop for the month

$160.20 ÷ 30 days ÷3 people = $1.78 per person per day!

Father's Day T-bones

Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.  Did you come across any wonderful bargains or sales?  Any items you stocked up on or need too?


This budget month runs from June 1 through June 30


2 comments:

  1. The prices you paid for some of the items are unheard of here. That same package of carrots is at least double the price at the Walmart near my house. Lettuce is 50% higher, and cucumber is doubled as well. I assume the same holds true for meat. Today I'm planning to pick up ground pork for $2.99/lb which is a good price.

    Good job on finding great deals! To be able to feed three people for a month for $160 is pretty darn amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Canadian grocery prices are much higher than ours. We are very fortunate when it comes to groceries, gas prices and a lot of other goods. The trade off is our cost for medical insurance and healthcare.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...