Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Lake Tahoe



Lake Tahoe is beautiful and surrounded by snow capped mountains, which I love.  It is a resort town and boast great skiing, but since I'm not a skier I can't attest to it.  Lots of people were still skiing and snowboarding up there so I assume so.

Happy girls!


It was a rainy morning and chilly when we got up that day, but it cleared off and warmed up enough for us to make the quick drive our of Carson City and enjoy a few hours in the mountains.  The drive is every bit as lovely as the destination.

So many trails.  I hope to get back and walk them all.

Overcast skies and the threat of rain didn't stop us.

Loads of shops to spend your money if you are into that or more to my liking is to go the lake and enjoy many of the walking and hiking trails they have.  The water was cold, but that didn't seem to stop the jet skiers from having a good time.  I personally think they are nuts to get into that water, but what do I know?



Instead I enjoyed my time there from the beach.  The Nevada Beach Campground is huge and seems like it would be a great place to stay.  I've added it to my list of places I want to come back and visit again.  They have bear lockers in each campsite so you know you're in the wilderness for sure.



We didn't see any bears, but loads of squirrels, chipmunks, and birds to keep our attention.  It was very quiet and peaceful and I know I will enjoy staying here someday.  I hope it is sooner, rather than later.

Gorgeous views everywhere you look


Check back tomorrow to see where we ended up next!



8 comments:

  1. What lovely views! Looking forward to the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, such a lovely trip so far. It is a beautiful area of the country, but then all areas of this country are beautiful! Can't wait for the next posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lake Tahoe is so beautiful. We live in Reno/Sparks about 45 minutes away. Yes, there are bear lockers up there. Even for home garbage if you live there. The water stays pretty cold but by late Aug. or Sept. you can brave it without freezing. But it will still be chilly. lol. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...